Use the list of tasks below to complete the assignment using the Mindset website we created in class.
The assignment is worth a total of 30 points.
Day 3 Tasks
Day 3, Task 1 — (3 points)
- Add a new Menu Location: Social Menu
- Create a Menu and display it in the footer.
- Custom links can be: Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
Day 4 Tasks
Day 4, Task 1 — (4 points)
- Add two advanced custom fields to the About page: a WYSIWYG editor with the Basic toolbar and an Image with a return value of ID.
- Display the content of the WYSIWYG field on the About page.
- Display the medium size image on the About page.
- BONUS: Check wp_get_attachment_image() to see how to add a class to the image. Use the class name ‘alignleft’ to replicate the layout below.
Day 4, Task 2 — (3 points)
- Add a Textarea field to the Contact Page to display an address.
- Display the content of the Textarea field on the Contact page.
- Display the content of the Textarea field also in the footer if it is not the Contact Page.
Day 5 Tasks
Day 5, Task 1 — (4 points)
- Create a new CPT for Partners and add support for only the title.
- Create an Advanced Custom Field for a website link (URL field).
- Add at least 4 Partners with the links to their website.
- Display the links to their websites on the Partners Archive page.
Day 5, Task 2 — (2 points)
- Add an in-page (anchor) navigation to each Service CPT on the Our Services page.
Day 5, Bonus Task 1 — (Optional, no points)
- Display selected Works on the home page using the ACF Relationship field.
Day 5, Bonus Task 2 — (Optional, no points)
- Complete the Optional Exercise for the Job Postings CPT.
Day 6 Tasks
Day 6, Task 1 — (3 points)
- Add a random Testimonial into the sidebar.
- Place the code into a separate file and include it into the sidebar.
Day 6, Task 2 — (4 points)
- Register a taxonomy for Partners CPT.
- Add at least two taxonomy terms and assign the terms to Partner posts.
- Display the posts organized by term on the Partners Archive page. Try using the alternative syntax!
- BONUS: Display the terms and the posts dynamically by combining the get_terms() function with WP_Query().
Day 7 Tasks
Day 7, Task 1 — (2 points)
- Add a Scroll to Top feature to the Mindset site. You can write one yourself, find one on the internet, or follow this one.
Day 7, Task 2 — (2 points)
- Add a second Google Font to the theme to use for heading tags (h1, h2, h3, etc.).
- Edit the existing wp_enqueue_style() to use a single URL to add both Google Fonts.
Day 7, Bonus Task — (Optional, no points)
- Add a Custom Logo to the header of the Mindset site.
- Use the provided logo or one of your choosing.
- Update the add_theme_support( ‘custom_logo’ ) code in functions.php and/or add code to style.css to make the logo fit in the header.
Styling — (3 points)
- Style the website according to the Mindset Demo site or your own design.
- Make the website responsive and functional from mobile to desktop using a mobile-first approach.
- Do not forget to do the following:
- Home page and Work archive page should have a minimum of two layouts for content: mobile and desktop
- Remove the sidebar and the space for the sidebar on the following pages: Home, About, Work (archive and single)
- Style the in-page navigation on the Services page
- Style the info box for the relevant Blog post(s)
Create a WordPress User
- Create a WordPress user with the role of Administrator, the username firstname.lastname@example.org and a generated password. You will send Jonathon this password when submitting your assignment.
Migrate the Site
- Once all other tasks have been completed, migrate your local site to the live site on your portfolio server.
- Reminder: You will need to create a WordPress installation on your portfolio server and then follow the steps from Day 2 for migrating.
Submit the Assignment
- Send a Slack message to Jonathon with the site URL and the generated password for the email@example.com user account.
- Due: September 28 (EOD)